What is STEAM?
In this climate of economic uncertainty, America is once again turning to innovation as the way to ensure a prosperous future.
Yet innovation remains tightly coupled with Science, Technology, Engineering and Math – the STEM subjects. Art + Design are poised to transform our economy in the 21st century just as science and technology did in the last century.
We need to add Art + Design to the equation — to transform STEM into STEAM.
STEM + Art = STEAM
STEAM is a movement championed by Rhode Island School of Design (RISD) and widely adopted by institutions, corporations and individuals.
The objectives of the STEAM movement are to:
- transform research policy to place Art + Design at the center of STEM
- encourage integration of Art + Design in K–20 education
- influence employers to hire artists and designers to drive innovation
What is Edutainment?
Educational entertainment is media designed to educate through entertainment. Most often it includes content intended to teach but has incidental entertainment value.
S.T.E.A.M. Your Dreams Tour
We have been told we are doing awesome things. This page is dedicated to
- seeing what the tour is about
- signing up for feedback
- being interactive with the Ocean Bowl Team
- check out what events are coming up